cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"daycations" or "staycations"

We've been SUPER busy these last few weeks....lots of  "staycations or daycations" - you know, a vacation - but you stay close to home. We have done these types of "mini-vacations" with the children for years. Our kiddos just love to sleep at home (just like their mommy - I love MY BED!!).

So, we have went to the Weston Aquatic Center with a high-school friend and her kiddos for the day, of course bringing our newest "stepson" (the neighbor's boy - he's 10 and Son and him are about the closest to bff's as boys get, lol).  That was a BLAST!!! All of the kiddos had fun, as they have stuff for small children as well as older ones. My friend's daughter loves spending time with all of our girls - cuz she only has a brother - ewww!!

We have also been to Rock Dam a few times (oh yes, and are going again tomorrow!!) The kids are loving the beach and picnics that we do.

Ok, so the house is suffering a little because of not being here all the time, but I would rather have my kids look back and say "wow, we had sooo much fun in the summertimes - all the trips to the beach, picnics, daycations....mom and dad spent time with us!" rather than "clean house, that's all mom and dad EVER talked about was cleaning house - we had to clean before we could go anywhere." The dirt will still be there when I get around to cleaning it, but I will never again have this moment in time (with my children) back, as they will grow.....

On another note: I seem to be losing and gaining back the same 5 pounds - yuck - I am at a stand-still. So, a friend of mine invited me to join a weight-loss support group (nothing nationally known) with her. The cost is $38 for 12 weeks - we talk about nutrition, exercise, etc. We weigh in at every meeting - got measurements taken, etc. The motivation is being held accountable EVERY WEEK - which is what I need - the accountability AND: the person who loses the most weight, gets 50% of the "pot" - which should be about $200 - we could use that! Today, I have already logged breakfast, planned lunch, exercised and am planning supper - and am WELL within my calorie range...hope the motivation can keep up!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment