cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy dance....HAPPY DANCE!!

I. AM. THRILLED!!!!

I am sooo happy.....about 2 months ago, hubs and I applied for new (whole) life insurance. At that time - the lady that came and drew blood brought her own scale...which is NOT calibrated, gets jostled around, etc. She weighed me @ 260 - when I had JUST weighed myself that morning at 253 (consistantly 253-255 those days). Fine. Whatever.

UNTIL....my insurance agent said that BECAUSE of my weight my life insurance would be $30 MORE per month - serious??? I was TICKED. However, there's always a way out. This one was: loose the weight and get a Dr.'s note. At less than 247, I get $15 off per month....at less than 236, another $15. Yep - money is a motivator people!! You will NOT charge me extra - not when all my blood counts are completely normal and you are totally basing this on my weight.

So....10/10 I went to see my doc (weight: 248)....she set me up with a heart rate monitor (which I LOVE!!!) and we made a plan of attack. Exercise, eating....etc. Tomorrow: I go see a nutritionist who will help with my eating - but with MY foods...not some pre-packed crud!

But, I digress...today I went in for my titers for school - and asked to hop on the scale (yes, I ASKED!!) - I am down to 243!!!! YAY ME!!!!!

Also - today I hit my highest heart rate EVER at 168 bpm and burned 305 cal in 30 minutes.....skinny jeans, here I come, lol!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment