cutest blog on the block

Saturday, May 8, 2010

The closet....

....in OUR bedroom is done, clean....wahooo!! Thank you, Lord for the time off to get this accomplished. This may not sound like anything to some, but this last semester has been pretty hard on the house and lots of things have "gone by the wayside" so-to-speak (seeing as how I am pulling straight A's in two science classes - 4 credits each - it was either let the house go a little or have a breakdown!). Well NO MORE!! My goal for the next 4 weeks is to get this house back in ship-shape order! Why four weeks? Well, my brother and sister-in-law are having a garage sale and that's when it is - so I want all of this stuff gone.

Out of the closet: 2 bags of garbage (and mind you, this is NOT just little Wal-mart grocery bags - these were big, black garbage bags!! One bag of clothes - all mine. One bag of misc. "stuff" - including sheets, covers for chairs and couches, tablecloths (yeah, those of you that know me can laugh at that one) and also a bed-rail to keep kids from falling out of bed and a hand-held shampoo-er (which is moving to the garage - should work great on the vans). Oh, and did I mention that we aren't really flat sheet people? Well, we aren't - don't be shocked, we just love our blankies and the flat (top) sheet gets in the way! Anyway, tell me why I am storing these unnecessarily? NO MORE!! I am shipping them to my mom's house and she will be re-purposing them into winter jammies for the kids (they are flannel sheets - it's all we sleep on, so comfy.)

We ordered out from the "corner bar" last night, as our reward for getting so much accomplished. It was sooo yummy, fried curds, fish fry.....yep, today I'll be working out BIG TIME.....oh oh, I forgot to mention: I stopped in at a friend's house to drop off a few things for her and tried her eliptical and exercise bike and LOVED them - so much that I came home and asked hubby about getting one of each! He was so convinced after seeing how excited I was about them  - and, of course, when we weighed the options (Y membership is over $500 for the family, plus the drive there - "Snap" is $300 a year, plus the drive there, plus day care, etc....) we figured that it was the best choice for us. Last night the Son road the bike for EIGHT MILES!! Good exercise for the whole family - and me, I can ride bike while reading, which was why I was so excited.

Oh yes, so on about Friday: we ordered out - but first we had called Father (I had mistakenly thought that he did rounds at the hospital on fridays) and thought he might want to meet us at Pizza Hut - he had just eaten, so we went to plan number two: the bar.  Around 6:30 though, Father calls and asks for Hubby - they went down for a few hours and a few drinks :) I laugh to think that MY hubby (having been raised baptist) is practically bff with a priest - (maybe a conversion is in the works!). Hubby came home and said he only had to buy one drink and Father had to buy NONE - drinks were all bought for them!! Yes, the niceties of living in a small town.

We have instituted Friday's as Family Pizza and a Movie Night - for about 2-3 weeks now. Since we didn't do it last night, the children are begging for it tonight. I guess that I can live with that! I make my own crusts (or purchase them at the grocery store when they are cheap) and then freeze them - so when rounded out with apples and carrots, this makes a quick and easy supper for me to prepare - not to mention, one that the children adore.

1 comments:

Deb

I cannot wait to get the cleaning/organizing done too! Our spare bedroom is filled with boxes that we never got around to unpacking when we moved, and it's driving me nuts! Now that I'm done with my comps, I can focus on the home (not that we're really ever there--but it will make it nicer for when we are!). Love both your blogs, Jessica, and thanks for the author suggestions!

Post a Comment