cutest blog on the block

Monday, December 27, 2010

Death is rearing it's ugly head....

Last night we spent some time with our priest before he leaves to go back to India to be with HIS family. Unfortunately, he made this same trip just before Thanksgiving time as he was made aware that his father had brain cancer. His father is quickly deteriorating so he is planning on spending the next four weeks in his native country. In talking with him, I almost cried. He seemed a little lost, unsure as to what the future holds. As he said, "when our parents are here, we don't think much of it..." how true.

It's been only two short years since my hubby lost his mother and the hurt is still so fresh at times.

Father also said that he would need more support when he got back - I am so glad that we have a loving parish that offers him (and his family) up in prayer and will BE that support system not only in prayer while he is gone, but also physically when he comes home.

A cute moment though: at one point he was talking with our 6 year old daughter and says, "Will you miss me while I am in my country with my family?" She responds "yes" and then immediately "no.....I have your picture, so when I miss you, I can look at it!"  Father responds, "ahh, good, good.....I will try to call you too, ok?" To which he received a huge smile and a yes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment