cutest blog on the block

Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's been awhile....

It's been awhile, so I guess it's time for an update.

At the beginning of October, we bought a new car for Hubby. A few years back he had a Dodge Intrepid that he LOVED - well, my brother had found one for my niece - but she decided it was too big and too expensive for her, so we bought it from her - only $2700 - and it books for over $5000 yet - no rust, VERY low mileage - and best of all - it's NOT teal!!

As usual, the Lord has been working on some HUGE things in our lives. At the end of October (into November) we were just finishing up 3 of the 5 kiddos birthdays. What a riot that always is! We ate out with our eldest daughter and a couple of her friends at a local buffet. Our son decided to forgo the party and get a newly released Wii game he'd been wanting. Our 3rd daughter had a princess tea party at our house - which ended up being TONS of fun!

About a week before Thanksgiving, the "bad news" hit. I say this with tongue-in-cheek though, because so often what WE think is bad is just a small step or turn that the Lord wants us to take so that he can bring us to a better place. So the news was this: due to the amount of layoffs last year, the amount of Hubby unemployment fell to only $200....his job takes off the week of Thanksgiving not to mention two weeks off during Christmas. Last year they were also laid off during most of Jan and Feb - this was just not possible for us! I was nervous because the numbers weren't making sense, but still felt a sense of peace - I knew the Lord had a plan, I just didn't know what it was!

I hate to leave you hanging....but I will continue more later (today or maybe tomorrow!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment