cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dean's list ....and then some!

I got my letter yesterday - not only did I make the Dean's list - but.....I am "part of a very elite group that received a 4.00." Yes, I am proud: a 35 year-old mom with five kids, a hubby, a house, 2 dogs...etc., etc......and I maintained a 4.00 average. Whew! Now, I have my books bought/borrowed for next semester and hopefully can maintain this GPA!

We are working well on cleaning and purging - this morning's agenda includes the closet under the basement (and yes, this is JUST as ominous as it sounds) - it's time to put away Christmas totes and organize the rest of the clothing totes that are down there.

Weight loss is going well. Down 3 pounds (and some change) since the first of the year. It continues to be a struggle, but I know that it wont happen overnight.

Hubby is liking his new job well enough. Most of the people he works with are competent (which is good, you just never know - SO MANY people have little to no work ethic's these days!) and his bosses are kind. I am relieved to know that he doesn't dread going in!

Tonight my brother is coming over to pick up my son and go to pick up his first "real" bow. Now, he has never had any "play" bows - but this is the first "man" bow - set up with legal pulling limits, etc. He is purchasing it from his own money and thrilled to be getting it. It was at our local sports store and was up for sale by my third cousin. He went from $175 to $90 for him! Needless to say, the day will not go fast enough for our 12 year old son!

On a downer....we received a call from India Monday morning: Father's dad had passed away that morning. I am sure that he will be staying there for a few more weeks to help his family and to tie up as many loose ends as possible. We all miss him terribly, but keep him and his family in our prayers, as we personally know what a hard time he is going through.

1 comments:

Tara K

Way to go Sis!

Post a Comment