cutest blog on the block

Friday, February 4, 2011

New Year's Goals - update!

  • Lose a minimum of another 20 pounds (I did this last year, and would like to see more!) This is a work still in progess
  • Get a full physical  DONE - painless, easy and caring for myself (see yesterday's post)
  • Exercise 3 times a week (on the way....enrolled in Zumba already, wishing my SIL would too!) Still working on this, however, I made this goal last week and this week has been a mile (or two mile) walk daily!!
  • Save $4000 - now that Hubby's job is stable, I would like to see at least this much in savings...after paying off our "bank of mom and dad" loans, lol! We are doing great - paying my mom and dad back and also have started the savings account as well - just under $400 saved already - although we will have to pay for taxes out of that, but once our refunds are returned, we will replace it.
  • Straight A's (again, this semester - and Dean's List too!) This is also, well on it's way - so far, only A's!!
  • Attend one weekly Mass - we attend Mass on Sundays, no if's and's or butt's - so now I would like to attend a weekly Mass too - the kids go every Wed, but I would like to go as well and keep doing it through the summer. Still working on this....why are the things that are BEST for you so hard?? I have decided that I need to simply pick a day and go - so I'm implementing that next week.
  • Start a better prayer regimen - right now, this is a little sporadic and I would like it to be more consistent. I am going to this website to read the daily reading - now, if anyone has a great (alone) bible study you can recommend, please let me know!!
  • More family time - even if it means JUST our family, sitting down and playing a game or watching a movie - the kids are growing too fast - next year "the baby boy" is starting Jr. High!! This has been going well - we have Friday's as family movie and pizza night and have been spending time in the basement - cleaning, organizing, making pudgie pies and just playing.....we wish hubby/daddy was home more, but the money that his new job provides is needed, so we make the most of what time we have with him that we can. Next weekend we'll be going to our local skiing/tubing hill - ALL of us - for church....should be fun - our priest has never "tubed" before!!
  • More fresh fruits and veggies....we lag a little in this area and need to round it out We are doing well in this area - the more fruits and veggies I buy, the more we seem to naturally gravitate towards them.
  • Purge more often - I am a saver by nature, but would like to get a little more organized, which means a little more purging! I HAVE been purging - but my biggest issue right now seems to be clothes - we start off each new season ultra organized and by the middle/end of the season I am ready to throw ALL of the kids' clothes out!! So, part of it is just me and being ready to get rid  of the winter clothes and jump into the summer clothes! We burned alot of miscellaneous "junk" when we picked up the basement this week - but I think that today I will get downstairs and  clean the toys out today -since the older kids are gone and can't complain!!
So, these were our goals for the year and it looks like we're doing pretty good. I think I may have to modify or add some, but I will re-visit this next month and see how things are going then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment