cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kid's last day of school, among other things

Today all of the children have their last day of school - a fun day! The older children will attend Mass for the last time this school year and then have their day of fun - including do-it-yourself sundae's and lots of fun (outside) activities! As parents, we usually go up and help with the activities and bring the kids home early.

Yesterday, the 5-year-old girl had her graduation ceremony - next stop: kindergarten! We had asked Father if he would like to attend - he did, and completely enjoyed himself. They sang my favorite "entering kindergarten song": I don't know, but I've been told (I don't know, but I've been told) Kindergarten is the place to go (Kindergarten is the place to go) I've learned my colors and ABC's (I've learned my colors and ABS's) Now I'm as smart as I can be (Now I'm as smart as I can be) Sound off (one, two) and again (three, four) Bring it on down (one, two, three, four - one, two THREE, FOUR!!) -- to the tune of the army cadence.

Sunday we had a tattoo party here. AWESOME! Yes, I like my tattoo's - and was expecting to get another one, only Hubby got one instead! Just like other parties, if you have 5 guests: then yours is FREE!! This guy does awesome work at extremely reasonable prices. That morning when I went to Mass, I let Father know what we were doing and that he could drop in and check out - which he did. In India, they do more Henna tattoos (which, of course is NOT permanent), so he was pretty interested in it all. The wife of the tattoo artist had commented that if that had been a Catholic Priest, he never would have stopped in...hahaha...I said he IS a Catholic Priest and she was shocked! Father joked about getting a tattoo - but of course, didn't. :)

Three (yes THREE!!!) down cows this week. Two are "taken" by cousins - my brother and I split the last one. I ended up bringing home 100 pounds of hamburger and am having 25 pounds made into BBQ beef sticks and another 25 pounds made into pepperoni beef sticks. I shiver when I think of the yucky, greasy ones in the store. A good friend (Sorry!!) allows her hubby to buy them for their son - YUCK!! I have tried to convince her to make their own - it's not just the greasiness that makes me quesy - but what did they pick up off the floor and put in there?

Ah, I wanted to write more, but my computer time has run short. Hopefully with our summer officially starting tomorrow, I will update more frequently!

God Bless,

Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment