cutest blog on the block

Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend High

We are coming off of a weekend high.

Ok, so not everything in the house is cleaned up like I had hoped it would be, but life is too short to worry about all that - I'll get to all of the "deep cleaning" before I start school back up in August. Hopefully!

On Friday we took Oreo (Our purebred long-haired Chihuahua) in to be neutered. We hope this stops his spraying issues - which have only recently started, so I think that we nipped this one quickly. If there's one thing I HATE it's going into a house that smells like dog urine - yuck - we don't want to be that house!

Saturday we got to pick him up. Today, he is almost back to normal, but still jumping and moving a little gingerly. It's all good - no spraying so far either!

Friday night and all day Saturday Son spent time with my parents. They bought him a new gun Saturday after he left, so yesterday after Mass, we went there again. He is thrilled to have it - although technically it is for "all the grandchildren" - it's definitely HIS for now!

Saturday night we cooked out over the fire pit (pudgie pies and such, yum!) and let the children do some sparklers - which they LOVED.

Sunday was Mass at 8:30 and then off to mom and dad's and some light grocery shopping. When I got home, we had a "cereal meal" - everyone picked their favorite cereal to eat and I didn't have to cook - yay! I laid down for a nap when the baby did and when we both woke up, Hubby took all the kiddos outside swimming and I worked for 45 minutes deep cleaning the girls room. Half a black garbage bag later I was half done. Whew. Then Hubby took the older kids over to the Parish campfire and I staying the basement and let the baby play while I cleaned up down there some. Like I said, lots more to do, but it'll get done!

Today: it's finally nice enough to do open the windows and hang laundry out, so Baby and I have hung out 2 loads of laundry and opened all windows to let in the fresh air - sooo nice. I am planning on making some bread this afternoon - been too long - and possibly some cookie dough to freeze.

On other fronts: since my dad's shoulder surgery is now done, they have declared him 10% disabled with that arm and gave him a cash settlement. Out of that, he gave me enough money for our July surprise (soon-to-be revealed, I promise!) and gave my brother the matching amount as well. This helps out tremendously and I can't wait to reveal the surprise!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment