cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lent....Baby steps!

Since I am technically still a baby when it comes to lent, I decided this year to take baby steps!

This year, as in last year, I am going to add something, as well as give something up. This seemed to work out great last year, so we're doing it again this year too. Yes "we" - as in the kids are adding to - we are adding daily prayer. Yes, we have been doing this for awhile now - but I am teaching them a new prayer:


Prayer for the Unborn Child


Jesus, Mary and Joseph: I love you very much.
I beg you to please spare the life of the unborn child,
which I have spiritually adopted,
who is in danger of being aborted.
Amen.

Sweet. Simple. Prayer with a purpose.

Tonight, instead of praying a decade of the rosary - each child picked their own prayer - it was quite fun to listen to which one they picked - some I knew, some I didn't - but to hear their faith shining through - AMAZING!!

Oh yeah, and what am I giving up???

You'll have to wait until my next post to find out!

1 comments:

Tara K

I love this! And thank you for the prayer you are teaching to them.

Post a Comment