cutest blog on the block

Friday, March 11, 2011

My Lenten Adventure

So this Lenten Season is going to be interesting. Hubby (even though not yet Catholic) is on-board with no-meat Fridays - makes cooking a LOT easier!! We have ordered a couple of cookbooks from the library on Vegan eating - so that should make Friday's meals even easier.

Our evening prayer time is going well - the children almost have the new prayer memorized - so I am searching for another one that I would like to teach them.

I prayed a lot about what to "give up " for Lent - and finally decided on something super hard (for me, anyways) - absolutely no eating after 7 p.m.!! This is pretty hard because I like to snack with the kids at 7-7:30 and then I usually have another snack after everyone is in bed - yes, you can see what a bad habit this is! So that's my goal!


On a non-Lenten note: hubby just got word on what his "hiring pay" will be for his new job - God answers prayers - he'll be getting FOUR DOLLARS (and some change) MORE than what he was making with the temp. service doing the same job. Can I hear a "Praise God?!"

1 comments:

Tara K

WOW! Praise the Lord! What a blessing!

Post a Comment