cutest blog on the block

Thursday, March 24, 2011

My heart hurts

Life is NOT always a bowl of cherries. Sometimes you get a pit (or two).

I have really turned my life around in the past year - focused on being a more positive person, trying not to participate in gossip or drama, etc.

Lots of hard situations have been popping up in extended family - a baby born at 24 weeks (still alive), another baby that possibly has Potter's syndrome and the death of my hubby's grandmother, just to name a few.

But this time, it's personal. We are waiting on testing results. We found out that I may be going through early menopause. While this may not be a big deal to some people, and maybe it shouldn't feel like such a big deal to me, it is.

We have been blessed with 5 "normal," "healthy" children and only one miscarriage. But we have always been able to conceive when we wanted to - and sometimes when we didn't plan too! So to me, personally, this news hit hard. It means that we have some decisions to make (do we want more children, if so, maybe we should try NOW, as we don't know if/how much longer we can have biological children).

Now, my pregnancies have not always been easy - compared to some people, yes! but compared to others, no! Three out of four of my girls have been breech - the first was almost a c-section  - but she decided to turn the night before it was scheduled! The last, I was plagued with a bunch of problems including severe hypertension which led to delivering her early (AND turning her into position in LDR). And let's not even talk about my veins!

I look at babies and I love them and I hold them.....ah, they are so sweet - but yet I feel that THAT stage in my life may be over. I don't know.

We've always left EVERY ASPECT of our lives to the Lord. It hurts me to think of all these people that claim to give their lives to God, but prevent him from giving to them (by using birth control). If you're going to completely trust in God, then why not trust ALL areas of your life to him? Why is it that so many "Christian's" feel that they'll ask God for help in other areas, but NOT in the children area??? I don't get it.

So anyway, we are praying - praying for God's will to be done - because right now, I'm pretty comfortable with the seven of us (and NOT feeding in the nights or changing diapers....etc). But, we ARE open, open to the path that the Lord has chosen for us and we trust in HIM to decide what is best for us - because looking around, HE has always amply provided for us and we have faith that he will continue to do so.

Thanks for letting me "vent!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment