cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ahhh, summer, I have missed you!

I am a summer person - my kiddos are home - life is free and happy, yes summer is MY season!!

As is our tradition, the last day of school, we set up the pool....after more sand was hauled in....and actually, we got it up a day late because there was a hole in the bottom, which got fixed, but didn't hold. So, out of the vacation fund came a new pool. And, out to the road went the box of "extra" pool goodies (including two ladders) that we no longer needed. Within 24 hours - the stuff was gone - wonders, what a "free" sign will do.

Sunday I went to Amherst to visit my bff (Lauri). I love that girl! We've been friends for over 15 years now, and while how we met is unusual - our friendship has lasted through the years and we both rely on each other for support. It was a great day and I needed the "me" time.

Hubby is planning a trip to see his brother and sis-in-law. How I wish we could go as a family - but I know that some of our children just don't ride really well and the trip is a 17 hour drive! Instead though, he is going with his other brother and his youngest sister. It's a four-day stint, with a little better than 36 hours of actual time spent in Tx....but it's ok, and I think that all involved NEED this right now - to pull together for each other. Personally, I have always lived within 20 miles of my brother and parents and I cannot imagine being over 1000 miles away from the 5 siblings and numerous aunts and uncles! So, off he'll go and here I'll stay....with the kiddos - we'll have to do something "fun and exciting" as the older kids really wanted to go to - but we hope to go down as a family in another year to two years.

Yesterday we went to the beach - my oh my - what fun to be had! The kids all had a blast and we went the people that used to be our neighbors - so the kids all got to play again. Hubby decided to stay home, so I got more "girl time" with Tina. Sure is nice to get in that adult time!

This morning is filled with dentist appts and errand running with "C" - running with a 6-year old can be fun...but also exhausting. Then we'll do soap-making this afternoon - they are SO excited and this is one of things that Lauri had for me to pick up - her neighbor was getting rid of TONS of crafting stuff (including wreath making kits, soap making supplies, candle making crafts....etc!) so we are excited to learn a few new "trades!"

On a down note - we are losing our beloved priest. He is getting re-assigned and we are pretty bummed. We knew this would happen, we just weren't expecting it sooo soon. We have met the new priest and he seems very nice, so we hope to have a relationship with him as well. I guess that 44 churches in diocese are getting new/different priests/assignments....so we aren't the only ones.

Oh, and also - since June 1st, my bff (Becky) has been in CHINA - and will be there for another week - so I have been missing my (almost) daily phone calls.....argh! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment