cutest blog on the block

Sunday, June 26, 2011

an (almost) perfect weekend - Sunday

Well - this morning was hard. It was our priest's final weekend here. There were lots of remembrances and so many things that were said - not only on the parishioners part, but him too. At times, I think the whole parish had tears in their eyes - we certainly did. The good news, however, is that he got accepted into the college program that he wanted to in St. Cloud, MN, so he isn't far away. We have already made plans to meet him and go to his favorite Indian Restaurant and then take him to MOA. I think we will all be fine- it's just change and we don't like that word around here!

After Mass this morning we came home and started lunch. I was horrified to find that the friends we had planned on for supper were actually coming for dinner - oops! That's ok - we were simply having pudgie pies on the fire (which they had never had before) and fresh fruit - they brought a cake, so all was good. It was a great time visiting, as one of their three children are "A's" age and one is "C's" age, so they all play well together. The hubby welds and likes "ink" as much as we do - as a matter of fact, they will be attending our next tattoo party! (probably the end of July).

We wrapped up the afternoon with hamburgers over the fire and corn on the cob - the kids are playing "outside games" now, and I need to finish the dishes....hubs is in the garage making the special Christmas gifts that I have found for him to make - he is so super patient!!

I have started a quilt. We'll see how it goes, but I am pretty excited. It's a "real" quilt - which is most definitely different from the rag quilts that I've made - we'll see how it goes! I also have to make a "boy" apron for my nephew as well as some PJ's for "L" - she saw some that I had made for "A" and really wanted some!

We have a busy week this next week - dogs get shots tomorrow, Tuesday we're headed to EC to go to the Children's Museum and then coffee with a good friend on Wed, Thursday is library day and on Friday we are going to meet another friend and do Pizza Hut (Kids eat free!) and Free Bowling....should be a fun, bust week!

1 comments:

Tara K

I can't wait to get K's apron. He'll love it!

Post a Comment