cutest blog on the block

Sunday, June 26, 2011

an (almost) perfect weekend - Saturday

This weekend was an (almost) perfect weekend. It started when the hubs called me at home and said that he didn't have to work on Sat - YAY! That meant that our plans didn't have to change and that no rushing was in order.

We went to Wausau - hubs and son dropped the girls and I off at Micheal's - yes, we had TOO MUCH fun!! We picked out lots of fun crafting items - different things for rainy days, a few extra scents for soaps and candles, drawing pictures on tin, boxes (like the old cigar ones!) to paint to keep their treasures in, embroidery floss to make friendship bracelets - yes, quite an array of items! my personal favorite though, was that we bought the girls a "how to draw horses" book, a new sketch pad and pastels. These were some of my favorite art items as a child - and since the girls love horses as much as I did at that age, I just HAD to get the the supplies for them. (had I mentioned that a friend of mine from school brought over her horse for the girls to pet and ride while the hubs was in TX? They love horses THAT MUCH that even our friends know!!)

Anyway, while we were picking out girl stuff - the boys went to the model store and picked up the son a couple new models - so all was well in his world too.

After, we went to PetSmart. We needed some goldfish and a plecotomus for our rainbarrels and since we were there (and the fish were only $1) we also picked up a few dozen tetras and neons for our inside tank. A few misc dog supplies rounded off the trip there.

Next we went out to eat at Fazoli's. I love the looks that we get when we go out as a family! As a general rule, the kids are usually pretty well-behaved, so people are always commenting on their behavior or on how well they help each other out/get along, etc. I ordered a trio - lasagna, fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti. Um yeah- the portion was so huge that I boxed the lasagna and alfredo and brought those home for other meals.

We stopped at a game store and didn't get quite the deal we were looking for, but still traded a game anyways. Next door was a wild bird store, so I was able to pick up my new (made in the USA) hummingbird feeder too.

After we got home, my good friend brought over Mylie - the new doggie we adopted. She is a purebred Chi (with papers) but was the runt of the litter - so she weighs in at 3 lbs! She's a cute little thing and pretty laid back, so we hope she stays that way!


0 comments:

Post a Comment