cutest blog on the block

Friday, June 24, 2011

Will summer slow down?

Ahhhh....to have my husband home - how I have missed him! He was only gone for 4 days/3 nights - but let me tell you - 5 kids, 2 dogs, storms in the nighttime,church Sunday morning, a skipped wedding reception and no vehicle big enough to take EVERYONE (thus, we stayed home) yes - I am glad that he is home! I'm thinking that we'll have a date night soon and possibly even a mommy day this week!

Don't get me wrong - I am totally NOT complaining - for those of you that don't know - he went to TX to visit his brother. I am glad he did....he got time with his nephew, brother, sister-in-law and her parents - not to mention time with his sister and other brother the whole drive down and back. But, I definitely see why God made man and woman/husband and wife - my hubby is my helpmeet, the one I lean on for support. While I AM able to "do it all" myself - it is times like this that make me extra thankful that I have him and that we work so well together!

I was amazed at the children - they had missed him SO MUCH that they were standing in the driveway waiting for him! He got lots of hugs and "Happy Father's Day, dad!"  I think he felt pretty special.

While my sis-in-law and her girls were here Saturday (thanks for the fun day!!), L decided that she wanted to get daddy an ice cream cake from DQ - so we called and ordered one. When he got home, we ran into town and picked it up. Then we came home for an impromptu father's day supper at our house - we grilled steak, and had cheesy potatoes, sweet corn, salad, jello, cheese curds and  watermelon - it was a great time! I love to not ALWAYS plan (although only my brother and his son were able to make it because everyone else in his family had prior plans....but that's alright, it happens - we'll just do it again).

Monday hubs and I went to our Chiropractor - he needed it from the trip and I needed it because A was up in the middle of the night and I ended up sleeping in the chair with her - not so good for this ladies back!

One day this week we made chocolate "chips" - melted chocolate and spread it thin, so it looked like a potato chip. This was our eldest daughter's idea. She wanted to try - and hey, what does it hurt, right?!

This on the heels of last week when L came up with her own dessert. She had this whole plan and everything - adorable! She crushed oreo cookies and spread them on the bottom of the pan, then poured melted chocolate chips as well as caramel over the top. Um yeah - total sugar rush....but it's super fun inventing things, right?!

Yesterday we met up with my bff from high school and her two children and went to Pizza Hut - in the summer they offer 2 free children's buffets with the purchase of 1 adult buffet. Considering we drink water when we go - it was only $12 to feed all 6 of us (hubs stayed home this time) for an all-you-can eat pizza/salad buffet. Yep - we walked out stuffed and happy - and I was personally glad that I had Zumba last night, to burn those calories off! Afterwards, we went to the local bowling alley to use our coupons for the "kids bowl free" program. Our oldest daughter has her own shoes - so all we had was shoe rental for the other children - and since the youngest has small feet, she's allowed to wear her own shoes, if we make sure that there are no rocks in them. I even bowled - and did pretty good too!

This weekend looks like this: hubs is working tomorrow, company on Sunday, possible trip to Wausau sometime over the weekend and we are getting our new puppy - a good friend has found that she is allergic to her animals and she has a 3 lb teacup purebred chi that we are adopting. But that's it. Three dogs is enough!! (and maybe too much?!)

Anyways, this post is three days in the making (so I had to change some days there!) and getting long, so I'm going to hit the "post" button now!


1 comments:

Tara K

I'm so glad you shared J with us! It was so nice to have them all here for a bit and get to feel the hugs we know were being sent over the distance for REAL. And too, thank you for having Kaidi's button on here... I appreciate it.

Post a Comment