cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Prayer for my children

I (like all moms) pray for my children. Frequently this includes discernment for them to follow whatever it is Our Lord wants them to do with their lives. Other times I pray for peace, for a fever to pass, a good night's sleep, etc.

But, one thing I pray for EVERY night is for my child's future spouse. Jessica, Say WHAT? Yep. I pray for my children, but also for their future spouse. I pray that they and their future spouse will hold themselves, their thoughts and their bodies in high esteem. I pray that they and their spouse will save themselves for each other. I pray that spiritually both they and their future spouse will grow the way that the Lord needs them to, to be spiritually prepared for each other.

God knows - he knows when you will pray for someone - he knows what a person needs - he knows that these prayers, at this time, are going to help these kids. Someday, I want to be able to look into the eyes of my future daughter-in-law or son-in-law and say "I prayed for you daily, before I even knew you!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment