cutest blog on the block

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Summer is here

Well, officially, in our household - summer has arrived! The kids are all registered for their summer "stuff" - school, sports, swimming - I am registered for fall semester classes (easy ones, compared to the 8 credits of science I've been taking this semester!) and we lit Father Jerome's fire ring for the first time!

Hubby and I went over to help Father decide what to do about a garden area and we ended up lighting a fire and sitting around talking for a long time. It's nice to be right across the road, because the children were able to go back and forth as they pleased and we were able to have some adult conversation. LOTS of new things going on with the church - Father is all about change, for the good! We were discussing where we go to grocery shop and Father said he gets his chicken from Fest Foods and marinates it himself, with Indian Spices. He asked if we wanted to try and said HE didn't think it was too hot....actually, it wasn't, but the spices are definitely different and do pack a little punch!

The children and I went to pick up our new puppy - a Chorkie - yesterday. It was a four hour drive to get her, but sooo worth it. My mom watched "the baby" (who is almost two, this is totally NOT sinking in - she still FEELS like a baby!) and Daughter #2 wanted to stay there too. We set her in the yard when we got home and she piddled - after coming home from Father's  - the girls put her on the yard again and she piddled and poo'd - they LOVE her dearly - I am just hoping that "baby" can be gentle enough not to hurt her - she only weighs a half a pound! A few days ago when we were talking about Molly, my Hubby got out two sticks of butter and had the kids hold it - yep, that's how much she weighs!!

Tanning is going well. I am actually getting some color - and the psoriasis is getting better by far! Not gone, by any means, but most definitely getting better!

The weight is starting to drop off again too, now that I am getting stricter about my food intake. We have another weight-loss meeting tomorrow and I think that my goal will be to log ALL FOOD. I know that I am MUCH stricter when I log my food. I have been meeting my water intake goal - still slacking some on the exercise though. It's a process. It took a long to time to put the weight on, and will take some time to take it off too.

It's raining this morning.....which means I'll be at my cousin's cutting up a cow - yep, another one. It sucks that on a day off with the kids that I can't be home with them, but you NEVER say no to cheap meat, so I can't complain - much! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment