cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8-16-11 (with a short update)

Today will be all sorts of fun!

To do:
fry 6 pounds of ground beef for various meals this weekend
dishes
laundry
clean main level
clean basement
exercise

make a few desserts (granola and puppy chow for sure)
read a chapter in my Nursing Fundamentals book
settle on a new hairstyle (wed)
settle on a new tattoo
make a list of needs vs wants for back-to school shopping (wed)
make sure I'm ready for my CPR class on Thur


____________________________________________

I've been staying up too late and still waking up at a normal time - hmmmm......

We are starting to shift to "school schedule" - this means that I am putting the kids to bed before 9 p.m. and getting them up by 7. For most of them, this is not a problem - but I can tell the teen years are close - the oldest two LOVE staying up later and later.

My niece has stayed with us the last few nights. Can you say - ARGH!! While I love her dearly (I do!!) she also drives me crazy. She IS a teen and all that goes with it. Not so sure she is the greatest influence on our oldest daughter - so I really watch how much time she is here and how much time they are "alone." She is a dear child, but comes from a broken home and has seen too much for her young life!



Wednesday is Hubby's first day off in....9 days? They've been working 10-12 hour shifts and it may not stop for awhile. It is nice to have the extra money - but seeing as how he is tired, it means more chores fall into my lap. It also kinda sucks because this weekend we are having another tattoo party and he will likely work all weekend. The Lord has his plans, we just need to bear with it and ride it out to the end! I'll tell you though, overtime is most definitely better than all the lay-offs we've experienced in the past two-three years prior to this job! God is good...all the time! 

Oh, and MORE good news - long story short: my mom had some problems which lead the dr's to believe that she could have cancer....we've been waiting since last week for the test results: they came back NORMAL!! Praise God!!

I start classes on Tuesday next week, the boy starts at his new school on Tuesday the following week and the girls start Sept 1st....can you feel the shift of change going on? We certainly do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment