cutest blog on the block

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Compliments.....

Ahhh, it's nearing the end of a busy week.

TWO exams this week.....some crushing news.......Catholic schools week......bil and sil leaving.....dr's appts.....and still, a house to keep running and organized! I pray that next week goes better.

On a good note: today is a day of fellowship. The last day of Catholic schools week, we get together in the church basement and make soup - it's our "Souper Bowl Sale" - and it makes a good amount of money for the school. Chili and Irish potato - YUM!! I must say though, the potato is my favorite - I've even "snagged" the recipe from the mom that keeps it "under-wraps" (yes, it is THAT good, that it is sought after!!)

Tomorrow my newest nephew gets baptized - praise God! And the honor of being Godparents falls to hubby and I - makes me so happy! Not only did my wonderful sil and brother allow me RIGHT IN the delivery room (I mean, how awesome!! Your own, private, 24/7 nurse!!) but they asked us to be his God-parents too....YAY!

Went out to eat as a family last night - haven't done that in AGES! Went to a "buffet" and was in a "back room" - after being there for 20 minutes, a child a little older than our baby came in with TWO adults - and proceeded to make a HUGE racket - screaming - no words, just AHHHHHH.....my two middle girls said they were getting a headache! There was an older couple sitting at a table across from us and Son asked why the lady kept looking at us. Hubby said it was because she saw 5 beautiful redheads that were better mannered than the one screaming child. When they left, both the woman AND man stopped at our table and said we had beautiful, well-behaved children and that our 5 made less noise than that ONE!!

Then, as if to keep the compliments coming, we went to a store to check out some clearance prices and TWO different women stopped to say how cute/well-behaved our children are!! Yes, I am "tooting my own horn" - but it feels good to be able to go out into public and have people notice the GOOD - especially when there are some family members that obviously DON'T know US that have made off-colored remarks!

Then, of course, to Wally-world. Met up with a friend there (unintentionally) and got to chat for a few minutes....but, the neatest thing: they had TONS of clothes for the girls marked down to THREE DOLLARS - some were pants AND shirts....some were CHRISTMAS dresses....yeah, AWESOME!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment