cutest blog on the block

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Company

We just had a nice visit with my SIL, nephew and her parents. I wish it could have been longer though - but I know that they had limited time and I was lucky to even see them.

They had a safe, uneventful trip up and I pray that the same goes for their trip home tomorrow. SIL's dad is a minister - and I forget that I could sit and listen to him for a long time (days?! lol). He got me thinking about some issues and I wish that I would have had more time to sit and chat and ask him some more questions......maybe I'll have to e-mail him for some "counsel!"

We are so blessed with all that God had brought into our lives. Things (yes, money included) seem to appear out of thin air when we need them most. Friends and family - even though we may not agree about EVERYTHING all of the time - are always there and ready to support each other.

Case in point: Hubby had been working a "for cash" job and we saved all of the money from it and were thinking of using the money to take a trip to Texas to visit BIL and SIL and Nephew or maybe out to the Dakotas or D.C. - well - the Lord knew that we would need that money to buy a new washer - so the day before Christmas Eve, we bought a new high-efficiency washer - but hey, we had the CASH - so he gave us $80 off and now it looks like we will probably get a $100 energy starr rebate from it too. So, the Lord is good and he watches out for us.

But now it's time for Mass and I have lots of people to pray for (myself included) so, more for another day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment