cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My mother-in-law

I miss her.


Dear Lord, do I miss her.


She wasn't perfect, but she was kind and caring. She would give you anything - even if it meant SHE went without. She remembered her kids' birthday. She called. She cared about everybody - and she meant it. She didn't just talk - she DID. She walked the walk. You could believe what she said because she was the type of person that didn't just talk to hear herself speak! When she talked with you, it was NOT me, me, me or "I this, I that" - it was almost always about others - who was having a difficult time, who was having a new baby, who she was praying for..... Church was MUST in her life - Jesus came first, with the family a close second. No excuses for her - nope - she just DID - not perfectly, she would be the first to admit - but she tried her hardest.

I miss her.

I continue to pray that someday my father-in-law is able to find someone as honest and giving as she was.

Love you and miss you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment