cutest blog on the block

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Giving

My New Year's Resolution:
To be more Christlike - to let others see Christ through me.

My Lord, Jesus Christ, is the ultimate giver - for he gave up his life for the sins of all people. He gave (and continues to give) people a second, third....and more.....chances to come to him. He associated with people that would be deemed "unpopular" in today's society.

He did this and soooo much more.

What HUGE footsteps to try to follow!

But I will try, with his help. He is already showing me this, and giving me tests -which I can honestly say that I am passing - I think (hope!). This year has been shown to me to be a year filled with grace - if I stop ignoring the little proddings and start following through on what is asked of me.

So I am making those contacts - I am sending those letters/cards. I am doing things that I decided, on my own, that I didn't want to do - but doing them anyway because my Lord asked me to. It's hard - to think that YOU know best, when in fact, you are being asked to be submissive. It is hard to listen to others speak badly - and not to respond in kind. But when all is said and all is done, I know that following my Lord will not only be a test of my faith - but it will be a lesson in giving....and receiving - as the more you give, the more you receive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment