cutest blog on the block

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Keeping things in perspective.

This is a year of change for ME, personally. I can feel it. I can taste it. Things are changing.

This year, (not a New Year's Resolution - I started BEFORE the new year!) I have decided to keep things in perspective many different ways.

First: bringing God into my life on a more regular, constant basis. We go to Mass EVERY Sunday, without fail, but I need more prayer. I need the guidance that comes with it - I need the ability to make decisions that are based on what what my family and I need - not what we want (which can be a very difficult thing, but many blessings come from it.)

Second: bring the truth to people. I want people to see Christ in me. This means many things - including (but not limited to:) sharing what we have with others (giving), being truthful (not mean, but HONEST).....more to come on this later!

Third: to open my eyes and be thankful for all the Lord has given us. This can be hard sometimes, especially when money and time is tight. BUT, there is sooo much that Hubby and I have been given that you just can't "explain away." Things come to us when they are needed - they just appear. I want to start documenting what we are given, so I can look back on those hard days and see how blessed we are.

Blessings:
~Daughter #1 - full YEAR scholarship for piano
~running low on beef - received WHOLE cow!
~money is getting tight - appt w/tax guy on Wed.
~washer went out - had CASH for new one thanks to Hubby's "extra" job

0 comments:

Post a Comment